Welcome to the last episode of the Simple Cyber Defense Malware series. In this episode I will discuss how to remove malware from your computing device. So let's begin.
So you are in a position where you were careful, or maybe not, and your computer got infected with malware. Don't worry in this episode I will discuss methods on how to remove malware from your computer.
Depending on the type of malware your computer got infected with removal can be easy or very difficult. With some malware it is just a matter of removing the bad program and your done. Others require special programs for both detection and removal. But there are some that no matter what you do the only way to fully remove the malware is to completely delete everything and reinstall the operation system.
Some of the most common software to remove malware (I am not sponsored by any of these products):
- Bit Defender (https://www.bitdefender.com/)
- Avast (https://www.avast.com)
- AVG Antivirus (https://www.avg.com/en-us/homepage#pc)
- Windows Defender (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/comprehensive-security)
- Malwarebytes (https://www.malwarebytes.com/)
- Spybot Search & Destroy (https://www.safer-networking.org/)
- Norton Power Eraser (https://us.norton.com/support/tools/npe.html)
Let's see how all of this works.
All links are in the show notes. This completes the Malware series and hope to see you in the next series.